Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p284TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The network adapter is not present and I can't connect to the wifi. Does anyone have a driver link or something so that I can install it on the laptop? I've tried various methods and everything just doesn't seem to work. The HP support website for the driver is also unavailable because of some DNS problems. Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list for your notebook indicates that it comes with a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 HMC combination WLAN adapter.

HP PartSurfer

You need this W8.1 driver for that model wifi adapter.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72927.exe 

If the wireless adapter needs a driver, there will be a device listed in the device manager under an Other Devices category, labeled as a Network Controller.

If there is no Network Controller device listed in the device manage, then there is a hardware problem of some sort with the wifi adapter.

The first troubleshooting step before replacing the wifi adapter would be to remove and firmly reseat it.

Leave the antenna wires connected so it will be easier to reseat the wifi adapter without having the reattach the antenna wires.

The HP support site isn't working right now, so I can't post the link to the service manual.

HP Recommended

You have the same network card and wireless connectivity as me. I'm currently using windows 10, and I'm having internet problems. Slow internet speed (30 mbps on wifi, and 80 mbps on lan), stuttering, jittering, packet loss, etc...

I only have these problems on this laptop operating with windows 10. Do you think downgrading to 8.1 would solve my problems?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.