01-03-2018 03:40 AM
How can I get my HP Notebook to recognise my Dell Laser Printer is online. I have installed on a disk and it shows up in my printers, but will not print test page, and shows offline
01-03-2018 03:02 PM
Hello, thanks for your reply. Here goes. The model of laser is Dell C1765nfw. It was installed on 2 laptops, HP Pro Business and Lenovo. I installed both with disk, wifi network connections. It worked fine for a couple of years, but unfortunately I had a virus and reformatted my HP to factory settings. I have downloaded all drivers, but it just will not recognise the printer on either computer'
Again any help would be appreciated
01-03-2018 03:10 PM
OK first let's discuss the connection of the printer to the network. Have you checked to see if it has a valid IP address on your network? I am not familiar with this Dell printer but if it is wireless it must have some kind of configuration console on it. Once we have the IP address we can install the printer with Windows 10 itself using the IP method. I generally do not rely on printer disks to install a printer I do it manually.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)