Glen10 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

I cant get my HP Laptop to recognise my Dell Laser Printer

HP 250 G1 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How can I get my HP Notebook to recognise my Dell Laser Printer is online.  I have installed on a disk and it shows up in my printers, but will not print test page, and shows offline

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
35669 5316 9143
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

How about the model of the Dell printer? And how is it connected? USB or wireless or something else? 

0 Kudos
Glen10 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Hello, thanks for your reply.  Here goes.  The model of laser is Dell C1765nfw.  It was installed on 2 laptops, HP Pro Business and Lenovo.  I installed both with disk, wifi network connections.  It worked fine for a couple of years, but unfortunately I had a virus and reformatted my HP to factory settings.  I have downloaded all drivers, but it just will not recognise the printer on either computer'

Again any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
35669 5316 9143
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

OK first let's discuss the connection of the printer to the network. Have you checked to see if it has a valid IP address on your network? I am not familiar with this Dell printer but if it is wireless it must have some kind of configuration console on it. Once we have the IP address we can install the printer with Windows 10 itself using the IP method. I generally do not rely on printer disks to install a printer I do it manually. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation