Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6-1010sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently have installed in my HP laptop an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 network card. This allows me to connect to the available 2.4GHz wifi.

Is there a replacement card that will also allow me to connect to the available 5GHz as well that would have the same form (ie) shape and size, so that I could have the existing card taken out and the new one put in its place ?

Laptop:

HP ENVY 6-1010sa

Pt No. CND2270Y2Y

MAC: 68-5D-43-AC-85-F5

Windows 10, 64bit processor

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ava2Dunk Here's a list of parts tested and approved to work on your device, by HP:

(See image below & if you wish to replace the parts on your own, I personally suggested getting a local tech involved unless you are confident, and click here to visit page. 46 Chapter 4 Removal and replacement procedures)

(Note: The link above is specific to the OP's product, if anyone needs information about their device, please respond with the complete product number for assistance and we'll be happy to help)

you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.