Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (91 Views)

I lose wifi connection when plugging in my charger cable

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product number: D1C68UA#ABA

Serial number: (removed content)

Hello, I am having trouble with my wifi connectivity. I've noticed that my wifi connection is generally much stronger and stable when I am not plugged into the the power cord. When I plug in my power cord to charge my battery, My wifi signal always loses strength, and most times loses connection. If i unplug the cable once more, the wifi signal will regain strength. 

I've updated my drivers, reinstalled a couple as well. I've also changed my power options for the Wireless Adapater Settings to Maximum Performance. Still this problem remains. Please help. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (60 Views)

Re: I lose wifi connection when plugging in my charger cable

@Dschweyher71,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with wifi connectivity on your HP ENVY m6-1205dx Notebook PC.

This issue could occur bios is not updated.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link to update the bios: HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

Also, you may check the link: Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

Also, let us know if it the operating system was upgraded to windows 10.

Was the notebook working fine before?

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation