Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-BS212WM
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Okay first off, yes I know what I did wasn't ideal or smart but it was all I could think of at the time to do. I had recently purchased a used HP Notebook 15-BS212WM with Windows 10 on it. The performance was less than ideal so I did the ol 'Reset' and that completely locked the computer up, nothing would work. After hours of searching and trying things I got frustrated and figured I'd do what has worked on my other computers in the past. I wiped the hard drive completely and took it back to Windows 7 Ultimate with the intentions of upgrading back to 10 that way. Problem is now it has NO DRIVERS and NOTHING works even more lol. I've searched tirelessly for a driver to just get the ethernet or WiFi to work so I could then attempt to finish things but apparently this thing doesn't have drivers for 7. Okay now we've established I'm a moron...how can I fix this Notebook? The ONLY thing that works is the DVD drive, NO USB, ethernet, WiFi nothing to input anything in... Any ideas of what I can do short of taking this to a PC shop and paying as much as it costs new to reformat it to Windows 10 or get drivers so I can proceed? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool. Here is an info link for how to use that utility.

You will need a 32 GB USB flash drive for this, and access to another working Windows PC.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

There are no W7 drivers for the graphics, wifi or USB 3.1 ports.

You can only run W10 on there.

If it runs slow, replace the drive with a 2.5" SSD and add more memory to it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.