Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi

My laptop is 840 G2 with Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7265 card. problem is i cant find driver software in intel website and without wifi connection is not possible to install driver from device manager.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You download the file using another PC, copy it to a USB flash drive.

Plug the flash drive into your 840 G2 and install it that way.

The first file at the top left side of the page is the W10 64 bit driver file you need.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29520/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...

HP Recommended

i tried everything on intel website. i have two windows: windows 10 pro and windows server 2019.

win 10 recognized wifi card but windows server not. i think windows server is not packed with drivers.

HP Recommended

Windows Server 2019 is not supported for your notebook, nor did Intel develop any Windows Server 2019 wifi drivers for it.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to download and unzip the drivers for IT admins from the link below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000017246/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

Try manually installing the driver as follows...

Go to the device manager, click on the Network Controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and see if the driver installs that way.

if not, you are flat out of luck.

HP Recommended

i found solution, in windows server wireless adapters are disabled by default and we must enable it from server manager. 

thank you my friend.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you were able to get it to work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.