Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-15-2023 03:50 PM
Your printer software is available for Windows 11.
Printer - Full Feature Software - Install
If you have not done so, consider
If the full driver printer software is (already) installed but not working,
- Uninstall any printer software from Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features
- Restart the computer and sign in.
- Check (for the Printer) in Devices and Printers > If found, Right-Click Printer and Remove -- If any changes are made, that is, you remove anything, Restart the computer and sign in.I
- If using a printer USB cable between the printer and the computer, disconnect the cable before installing the printer software.
- Download and Save the Full Feature Software installation package or the Easy Start Software
Details Page - Driver - For your Printer
>>> Full Feature Software - Web Pack Installation Package - Information - Download <<<
- Open File Explorer
- Navigate to the folder in which you saved the installation file (likely Downloads)
- Right-Click on the installation package and “Run as Administrator”
- If using a printer USB cable between the printer and the computer, connect the cable when instructed (near the end of the installation).
- After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in
Printer - HP Smart - Windows - Application
HP Smart for Windows
HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store
Open the Homepage / Support Website for your printer
Category Software and Drivers > Check/ Get the App
>>> Open and Read >>> HP printer setup (HP Smart app)
- Read FAQ - including - What are the requirements to set up a printer using the HP Smart app?
- Disconnect from Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection before downloading.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your computer or mobile device and connect to your network. If the computer is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable, temporarily disconnect the cable and use the Wi-Fi connection during the setup.
- Enable Bluetooth for an HP Smart app setup: Enable Bluetooth on your computer or mobile device so that HP Smart can detect the printer during the setup. Source: How to scan with an HP printer > FAQ > Why can't I connect my wireless printer or scan over the network?
- HP Smart requires that you sign into the application using your HP Account credentials.
- When working through a browser to access HP Smart, be sure you have Cookies enabled. If cookies are enabled and you are having trouble, clear Cache and Cookies. And / Or … Try a different browser – assign that browser as the Default. (Note: Chrome not working? Use / Assign a different default browser.)
- Where possible, HP Smart benefits (likes) having the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software installed. For example, full driver provides access to Shortcuts and Printing Preferences.
- “Share” to email – Before using Share, add your sender email address to the Windows Mail application
- Document includes the HP Smart application download links for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues.
- FAQ examples:
- What are the requirements to use the HP Smart app?
- Which printers are compatible with the HP Smart app?
- Why do I need to sign in or create an account to use the HP Smart app features?
- Which languages does the HP Smart app support?
- Older versions of the HP Smart app no longer support the required login feature.
- Update the application to the latest version to access / use HP Smart
- FAQ examples:
References / Resources / Examples
Chapter 7 - Connect Your Printer - Starting on Page 56
Dual Band Network
Wireless - Connect your printer to the 2.4GHz frequency on your router.
Example - Dual Band Network - Considerations
Example - Windows - Full Feature Software - Installed
HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources
Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems
“Things that are your printer”
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community --
People who own, use, and support HP devices.
Click Yes to say Thank You
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community