Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was not having any problems at all.  I ran the HP network diagnostics and it said there was no problem.

(like they say:  don't fix it if it aint broken")

Other devices have no problem connecting to the wifi.

Today I tried to connect to the wifi and could not.

I ran the HP network diagnostics.

Now it says:

"The firewall settings on this computer are blocking a connection to a remote computer (921)".

So what do I have to check now?

HP  Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I ran the diagnostics again.  This time it showed a problem with Nord Lynx (part of VPN) .

I uninstalled it and then the wifi was ok.

I think I will install it again but network diagnostics will probably not like it again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Like I said;  I ran the HP network diagnostics for no special reason.  I  was running some other diagnostics just to check on things, not to solve any problem.

The network diagnostics  did something to the  firewall settings.

This is what I got from microsoft community

"

Run the Network troubleshooter:
1. Open Start and select "Settings > Network & Internet > Status";
2. Under "Change your network settings", select "Network troubleshooter";
3. Follow the steps in the troubleshooter.

If it persists, reset network settings:
1. Open Start and select "Settings > Network & Internet > Status";
2. At the bottom of the page, click on "Network Reset";
3. Select "Reset Now", and at the confirmation screen, select "Yes";
4. Now open Start and type cmd;
5. Right-click on "Command Prompt" in the result list and select "Run as administrator";
6. At the Command Prompt, type the following commands one at a time and press Enter:

netsh int ip reset
netsh advfirewall reset
netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

7. Restart your PC and see if the issue is resolved.

I'll try the MS solution because it doesn't involve adding or changing any existing drivers etc.  That could make it more complicated.  I'll try it this weekend.

"

HP Recommended

I ran the diagnostics again.  This time it showed a problem with Nord Lynx (part of VPN) .

I uninstalled it and then the wifi was ok.

I think I will install it again but network diagnostics will probably not like it again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.