cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_1231
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I talked to my internet provider. Internet not working. Told me 2 talk to computer manufactorer.

HP Recommended
HP15TOUCHSMART F5Y34UA#ABA

This an older laptop I haven't really been using in years. I can't get the internet that I'm paying for to work. The internet service provider said that everything is good on her end and to constant the manufacturer.

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,676 92,554 11,976 25,536
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mike_1231 

Please give us a hint: what is the problem. Not working means dozens of different things. Your machine is an HP 15-d079nr TouchSmart Notebook PC, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04170661

It has  1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN  adapter part # 709848-001 which is a  Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bg/n 1x1 WiFi adapter. This adapter supports 2.4GHz Networks only. My questions

(a) Your machine came with  Windows 8.1 (64-bit). Did you upgrade your machine ?

(b) Did you change your ISP ?

(c) This is an old machine, did it work before ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation