Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15-r266ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my wifi card, because my wifi connection in my laptop when gaming online, I have a ping that is normal and then my ping becomes high in a period of time and then became normal again. I think there's a problem in my wifi card so I want to get some advice, what are your suggested Wifi card that will increase the stability in wifi connection and will fit in my laptop hp 15-r266ne. Thank you 😊

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Before I can suggest a possible wifi card upgrade, I need to know how many wifi antenna wires are connected to the wifi card currently installed.

If there is only one, a dual band wifi card will not work properly.

Here is the link to the service manual...

c04409502 (hp.com)

HP Recommended

I read from the service manual, page 69. There are 2 antenna cables from the Wifi module. The #1 WLAN antenna cable is connected to the WLAN module Main terminal. The #2 WLAN
antenna cable is connected to the WLAN module Aux terminal. That's what in the service manual. 

HP Recommended

Yes, I know what is in the service manual.

You can't rely on the picture.

Some models in that series came with one antenna and some with two...depending on the model wifi card HP used.

HP Recommended

Network card: Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN

Wireless Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 combo (Miracast compatible)

That is my product specifications. 

HP Notebook - 15-r266ne Product Specifications

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.