Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion g6 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking to upgrade the dualband N1000  wireless bluetooth card in my Hp Pavilion G6 .Can you help me find a good and compatable upgrade please and thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Stan-man

Hi Stan, the adapters listed in the User Manual are tested with computer. 

If you are looking for a different adapted which is not listed in the manual, I'm afraid it may not works. 

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Stan-man

We'll need more information to find out the exact specifications of the computer. 

Send us a Private Message with the serial and the product# of your computer or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. 

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Asmita6658 sorry for taking so long to get back to you i hope this is the info you need to help me 

[personal information removed]   Product # LY084UA#ABC  Model #g6-1b35ca  Thank you for your help.

Thank you Stan

HP Recommended

@Stan-man

Hi Stan. 

Intel Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 (802.11b/g/n) is compatible with your computer. Part# is 593530-001. 

Refer to page# 4 and 5 of the User Manual

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again I thought I might let you know that I have a N 1000 now and I’m looking to install a better one do you have  any suggestions for that ?

thanks you again

Stan

HP Recommended

@Stan-man

Hi Stan, the adapters listed in the User Manual are tested with computer. 

If you are looking for a different adapted which is not listed in the manual, I'm afraid it may not works. 

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.