Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP pavilion 15-cc1xx laptop.  I recently started testing a new Netgear router that supports the WiFi 6e standard and operates on the 6 Ghz band.  For this testing I installed an Intel AX210 WLAN card in place of the original.  The card works fine, transmits and receives WiFi6 just fine, but doesn't work on the 6 Ghz band.  I have talked to Intel and received a driver from them for the test that will support it, but they say I need some model specific registry changes for the device to work on the 6 Ghz band and want me to talk to some HP folks to get guidance.  Any ideas what those changes are?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@52DeSotoman

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

• Note: 6 GHz Wi-Fi  is not available yet users 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am involved in a Beta test for a WiFi6e router that does support the 6 GHz band.  I have entered the test by retrofitting my 2018 vintage HP pavilion 15C series machine with an Intel AX210 WLAN card.  Normally I would not retrofit my machine, I would instead buy a later model.  Unfortunately, as you note, no model exists in the HP lineup that supports the 6 GHz band.  The HP support link you provided does not work for my machine as it is outside of support.

I have actually been able to make the 6 GHz band work using a Windows registry hack as a test, but I do not like doing this, and have edited it out.  Based on that partial success, I believe that the limiting factor at this time is that the beta version of Windows I am using, 21H1 OS build 19043.844 does not yet fully support the 6 GHz band.  I am a Windows Beta tester also, and while Windows is a bit secretive on these things, it appears they intend to support the 6 GHz band with their version 21H1 final release.   I expect imminent updates will enable the band organically.  I have been in contact with Intel on this also, and they suggested I contact you to verify that the hardware on my machine will work with the AX210 WLAN card.  I am using Intel driver version 22.30.0.1, and used it for the test.

I was hoping you could help me answer that question.  My machine is model number 2SS17UA#ABA, serial number [Personal Information Removed].  I appreciate any advice you can give.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.