cancel
CityFan1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel 1030 Wireless Network does not work after Windows 10 upgrade dv6-6b50sa Product Code QG797EA

Pavllion dv6-6b50sa QG797EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

The Intel 1030 Wireless Network adapter does not work after Windows 10 upgrade.

F12 red light stays on, no troubleshooting wizard can fix it,

Microsoft says I'm on the latest intel driver version 15.11.0.7.

Model Pavillion dv6-6b50sa

Product Code QG797EA

I see this is a common problem across HP. Please provide either the correct driver update package or an alternate suported wireless adapter for my issue.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
16094 16038 1490 3564
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel 1030 Wireless Network does not work after Windows 10 upgrade dv6-6b50sa Product Code QG797EA

@CityFan1

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...

I ran into exactly the same problem when I upgraded my HP DV6 to Win10 and I had to revert back to Win7 (which I could do because I had made an image backup prior to the Upgrade), turn ON the WiFi, and do a clean-install for the Upgrade.

This is complicated because (1) there are no HP Win10 drivers for the DV6s, and (2) there is no replacement WiFi module, either.

However, there are Provosts on this forum that have access to drivers that I do not have, so if any of them come along with drivers suggestions, you may be OK.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 24 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same issue same result. i have uploaded, downloaded installed reset etc. may have to buy a chromebook of some kind until HP can find a fix. i will try a new wifi card next but am not too confident in that solution. i will post any result.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CityFan1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I'm looking for HP support staff to confirm the course of action. If there are no drivers available yet then when will they be available? If never then why not? Give a very technical reason please. If this is commercial decision then please point me to the area where I can claim compensation for what is now effecting a very expensive paper weight/doorstop. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation