12-21-2011 11:05 AM
The following notice keeps popping up on my monitor. How do I eliminate this?
Intel ® My WiFi Technology has been configured with a non-suported profile. Instead, the default profile will be used.
03-26-2012 02:12 PM
I get the same message since I got my PC(DM4). I called HP tech support and they had no idea but wanted to chargee me a tech fee to figure it out. No thanks!
05-05-2012 11:41 AM
I was having this problem too, just fixed it with these steps:
1. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Manage Wireless Networks > Adapter Properties > Sharing Tab > Allow Other Networks to Connect
2. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections> Enable Wireless Network Connection 3
Hope this helps!
05-05-2012 01:19 PM
On my DM4 the only way I got the system to work correctly was to go to the Intel web site and download the WIFI program again and reinstall. There was something wrong with the program that came with my PC. I could never get the WIDI program to work corectly.
03-08-2013 08:47 PM
I was getting this message also when trying to start the Intel WiDi service. To fix it, I went to an Intel support page at:
Click on the "Check your system for the latest updates" button, it will detect the drivers you currently have and update if necessary. (You do not have to un-install the old drivers first.)
After installing the new driver(s) it asked me to type in the four digit code showing on my TV screen and everything works great now. No more annoying message about a non-supported profile.
(Sometimes when I start the WiDi service I get a brief message that the Intel WiFi is not enabled, but that goes away in a few seconds, and the WiDi connects without further ado.)
After putting up with this annoying problem for months, I stumbled upon the exact right webpage to address the issue and I encourage you to do the same.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)