11-17-2011 07:24 PM
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6200 AGN is the name of my wireless adapter, which keeps automatically disconnecting on me. i have tried many common solutions i.e. driver update, wireless settings, advanced adapter configuration, wireless utility...nothing helps. is there a way to set the adapter to be 'always on'? or is there some reason why the adapter keeps shutting off on me? any help is greatly appreciated...thanks!
11-18-2011 10:58 AM - edited 11-18-2011 11:01 AM
There might be more than one item for you to review.
Go into Device Manager and find the wireless adapter under Network Adapters. Open it up and look for the Power Management TAB. There might be a setting indicating to Allow the Computer to turn off this device to save power.
You might also have to look in the Control Panel under Power Options ---your power plan ---> Advanced Settings and look what is set for the wireless adapters. I have mine set to Maximum Performance.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)