5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Intel WLAN Driver for Windows 10 instalation failure

Omen by HP Laptop 15-dc1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I try to update my Intel WLAN Driver I get a prompt that the installation failed and I have no idea why it's doing that. Also, the version it's asking me to download is already installed on my laptop as shown in the Device Manager.

The version is 20.90.0.7

Kindly advise

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18654 18600 1536 2584
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Killamonkey Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Are you getting the prompt to download the existing driver from the HP Support Assistant application? If yes, you may want to remove it from the device and reinstall it after restarting the computer: Click here for details,

If the issue persists, please go to the HP website and check if there are any updates available for your wireless card: Click here to check.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Killamonkey Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks a lot, this actually helped. I was facing the first problem that you metioned. I re-installed the driver and am not getting any such prompts.

Thanks a lot again!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18654 18600 1536 2584
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Killamonkey Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute to identifying and leading you towards the solution.

Thanks for honoring us by accepting our post as the solution, as it helps the community grow.

You can always click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos,

Take care and have an awesome week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation