Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I own a HP Pavilion Notebook (Product Number: F2S97EA#AB9). I bought it a few years ago and there were hardly any problems with it. However, in the past days, there is this problem that keeps bothering me. Almost every time I boot the PC, I am not automatically connected to my router (Wi-Fi Network), forcing me to do the Windows Diagnosis in order to try to find the problem and solve it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but either way I believe it is tremendously anoying a person trying to surf the internet and finding out that he/she needs to do the whole diagnosis thing just to Google a simple thing. At first, I thought the problem was on the router, but then I checked my mobile phone and the internet connection was just fine. So, my last thought was the problem is in the computer. During my inumerous attempts to solve this issue, I noticed that the PC in fact connects to the router, but it cannot identify the network (when I go to the Control Panel, in the Network category, I notice that, underneath Wi-Fi, it says Unknown Network, or something similar). And by not being able to identify the network, when I open Google Chrome to surf the net (or when I open any other browser/program that needs internet to run), it says that I am not connected to the internet, although I am connected to the router. This has been happening constantly, and I didn't know what else to do. If someone could help me would be great. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JamesArouca ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @JamesArouca ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Regarding your questions, yes, I tried to fix this issue on my own before I posted the question, but never completely successful. What I used to do was to run the Windows Network Diagnosis and, after two or three attempts running that same diagnosis, the internet was working again. But I never did anything further. Regarding your second question, I honestly cannot remember. Today, when I booted my PC, the issue appeared again, and it has been like this for one or two months (I haven't reported this issue before because I thought it would eventually fix itself, but I was wrong). It seems now that I cannot boot the computer without this issue popping up.

However, I just tried some of the solutions that were in the website you provided on your link. I updated the controller and run the HP Diagnosis. I don't know yet if it has worked, since I have not yet rebooted the PC, but I'll let you know when I know the outcome.

Thanks again for your answer and hope to hear from you soon.

HP Recommended

Hi @JamesArouca ,

Thank you for the replying,
Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
Regards, 

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks again for your fast response.

I have already rebooted the PC a couple of times and the issue is apparently gone for good. Thanks a lot for all your help, you helped me solve a problem that was extremely annoying. It was a pleasure interacting with you and I wish you all the best.

I have already marked your previous answer as an accepted solution, and I will 'put' a like in your latest response.

Again, thanks a lot for everything.

HP Recommended

Hi @JamesArouca,

I am glad things are working now. As @Barachiel is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf. Please reach out for any issue regarding the HP product and were are always there to assist you.

Take care and have a blessed day ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.