Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8460P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey everyone! I've been having a bit of trouble with my HP 8460p and I wanted to know if you guys have any suggestions that I can try to set things straight. I needed to upgrade my trusty Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 as a mandatory requirement for an important exam I will be taking in a few months. I backed up my important files and wiped the drive and did a clean install of Windows 10 with a flash drive. Everything seems to be working quite well without any skips or freezes in the various programs I have installed.

My issue is that my internet connection, which worked absolutely perfectly immediately before the upgrade and consistently for the past five years, has become unbearably laggy with intermittent skips in connectivity that make downloading large files completely impossible. With Windows 7, I might occasionally have to wait a brief moment to connect to a webpage or load image for more complex pages. With Windows 10, it actually appears that I am loosing internet connection entirely for brief spaces in time, in which pages could take anywhere from 30 to 45 seconds to buffer and eventually time out as I am waiting for them to load. My guess that I am dropping connection is further supported by the fact that I cannot download large files without interruption and having to restart the download only to have it fail again. My University offers Microsoft Office free to students for personal usage. It is offered via direct install of a zipped file, which is 1.9GB. I can usually manage about 2000MB (with lengthy pauses in the "estimated download time" in between) before the download completely fails and I have to restart. Other downloads and update types (which don't seem to be so dependent on a consistent internet connection throughout) have given me no trouble whatsoever outside of taking a fair bit longer to download. I have tried connecting to my HotSpot as well for a brief stint, and the download time of the same large file seems to fluctuate just as much, with the same web-page loading issues. When the connection works, it works great and pages load really fast, but it seems I have to catch it at the precisely correct moment to see such results. These outages happen multiple times in a 5 minute span. My WiFi connection appears to be stable on the other laptops and gaming systems in my home, with no outages or connection drops to be seen.

I have updated the Network Adapter Drivers and downloaded HP Support Assistant, which is telling me that I have no further updates to install. If anyone needs further information, please let me know! Thanks to anyone who can lend a hand!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.