cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidmwj
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Internet download slower than upload on 3 month old laptop.

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17-by4063cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought this laptop in June from Costco, but chat support says i now have to pay for support, so trying here.  

I have 500 mb/sec download speed and get it on my iphone and ipad.  However, this laptop gets 14 mb/sec.  

I installed the latest wifi driver with the driver date of 05/21/2021.  I also uninstalled the preinstalled McAfee antivirus temporarily.  Neither has helped.  Not sure what else to try.

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
davidmwj
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, an update.  I went into msconfig and disabled expressvpn and also Mcafee web advisor which obviously didn't uninstall with the rest of the program.  I'm now getting around 100 mb/sec download.  So, it helped, but still not getting the speed i should.  I now see there is an expressvpn notifier in startup, so i will disable that and reboot.  if it makes a difference i will update.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation