Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)

Internet keeps disconnecting

Product Name: Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have had this problem for the past few months and it has just gotten to where I cannot take it anymore. I have been trying to fix this for the last 6 hours. My laptop keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi in my apartment. I took it to my dad's house and it stayed connected. My phone stays connected to the Wi-Fi in my apartment. Sometimes it stays connected for a few minutes sometimes just a second. Usually going to a webpage disconnects it, but not always. Then I right click the internet and troubleshoot and sometimes it fixes only to disconnect again soon. Sometimes it will not fix and then I have to restart and keep restarting until it starts working again. I have reset the network, replaced the modem, tried a million different things on my computer, nothing will work. I've tried installing drivers but it still isn't working. I have sometimes got the message when I troubleshoot "The Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems." Also when I go to device manager under network adapters there is a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point over the one that says Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter. When I go to system information then software environment then system drivers and I look for the one that says Realtek Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E Network Adapter it says under status "Degraded" while all the others say "OK" What can I do to fix this? I am not ve met advanced with computers so please assume I'm an idiot when you explain. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (170 Views)

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting

[ Edited ]

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the latest W10 wifi driver that came out in November for that model wifi card.

Download, and double click to run the file.  Follow the on screen instructions.

Basically, the install is automatic.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported models running a supported operating system.

2023.66.1104.2017 Rev.A   Nov 21, 2017

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82501-83000/sp82801.exe

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (103 Views)

I installed that driver. When I did it signed me out of my Wi-Fi connection and I had to type in the password when normally it is automatic. It also used to just say connected now it says connected, secured. Unfortunately the problem still persists and has not improved. It still continues to disconnect. I just don't know what to do i have spent probably around 10 hours on this and I just can't get it to work.
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (68 Views)

Update: Internet still not working.. still spending all my free time working on this... can no one help me? My friend brought his laptop over and we used it for a couple hours without it disconnecting. So it's only my laptop that can't connect and only when I'm at home.. It seems like there is a problem with the driver, but any attempts to update the driver say there are no updates needed. My internet won't stay connected longer than 5 minutes and usually just disconnects after a few seconds. It is to the point I can't even use my computer.. please someone help me
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation