11-29-2010 01:45 PM
My internet on my laptop was working when I switched off last night, this morning when I switched my laptop on the wireless on the laptop did not work, I removed the battery, updated drivers but still not working.
I am a novice and my next step if I can't get any help is to take my computer back to factory settings. someone please help
11-29-2010 01:50 PM
Probably the best thing to try first is a System Restore.
Tap away at f8 as you start the PC to enter Windows recovery console. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and hit return. When Windows has loaded in this mode, click the Start Menu, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and launch System Restore. Pick a restore point that is 24 hours before you had the connection problem and then proceed with the restore. When windows reboots, see if your connection is now working again.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)