Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1074 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

HP p7-10746 does the motherboard support Gigabit LAN.

My internet is connected via Ethernet cable.  I am getting 80 megabits instead of 500 megabits.  My internet provider came in earlier this week and checked and tested the equipment.  He checked the cable and it was putting out 500+. .. This is driving me nuts.  I have  checked and updated any drivers.  This is what my cable says ... Verified TIA/EIA 568-C.2 CAT6 UTA Patch Cable RoHS Compliant.  I am not sure if I need to update the motherboard .. or .. I do not know

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Stitch24 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Sad to say but HP P7-1074 supports only 100 Mbps, NO Gigabit !

LAN Speed 

10/100Mbps

Theoretically 100 Mbps, but only 80 Mbps in reality.

Recommendation and solution

You should install <gigabit network card>

If you can't do that, you should have it serviced by a professional computer repair store around the corner.

Good luck

HP Recommended

Thank you ever so much, I will get that card you suggested. Have a wonderful week

HP Recommended

@Stitch24 wrote:

Thank you ever so much, I will get that card you suggested. Have a wonderful week

You're welcome

Get back when new card is installed to report your results and we can close the case.

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.