Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
G60-119om
Microsoft Windows XP

(12/13/2020) I loaded an new, authorized, Windows XP professional 64 bit on a G60-119om notebook. I hunted down a lot of drivers though I did not have a working list to go by for the exact drivers needed. It has AMD Turionx2-64 card nVidia graphics card (not sure which model). XP seems to work. I loaded associated drivers (I hope the correct ones) and I got it to pick up wifi networks. It shows me connected but it will not accept any type of passcode or wifi security code. It does offer me that option when trying to connect and when I try to impute manually says it need a 64 bit code even though those are correct codes and passwords. It will pick up my mobile phone hotspot but again it will not accept my password given to me by my phone (I know it works on other computers). If anyone is reading this and has a set up they are using like mine please respond...I know this is an unsupported system but I sure would love to get this old dinosaur resurrected if possible...please help! Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the parts list for your notebook, it has an Atheros wifi adapter.

HP PartSurfer

You need to install the latest wifi driver for that model card so that it accepts WPA security.

9.2.0.444      Sep 14, 2011

sp54972.exe (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Thank you! I will try that

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Did you have any other suggestions for me? I appreciate the help...going to try and upload now

HP Recommended

If that updated driver still doesn't allow you to connect to the internet, the only other suggestion I can offer would be to make sure that you have the XP x64 service pack installed, because I seem to recall that you needed the update for WPA2 to work in XP x64.

Download Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition - ISO-9660 CD Image File from Offic...

You can either get it from Windows Update (if you can connect via ethernet), or download the ISO from the above link, burn it to a CD and run it from the Windows desktop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.