09-13-2016 10:45 PM
Is there a dual band wireless adapter I can put in my Pavilion dv6 (product # A3E86AAR#ABA)? The current adapter installed (Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter) doesn't work very good and is not compatible with 5 GHz.
If there is one available how do I make sure I buy the correct/compatible model/part number?
09-14-2016 02:29 AM
Your machine was built before mid 2014 therefore the chance to upgrade fifi card is very, very, very, very slim to none. If you wish, please try USB - Wifi ac adapter/dongle.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
09-16-2016 01:24 PM
Thanks. I was told that this one would work:
Do you think this will work or will I likely have problems with it?
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)