Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-CX0003NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,
This problem is driving me crazy. I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-CX0003NL that mounts a Realtek rtl8822be card to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi.. but something isn't working properly.
Basically, if I turn on Wi-Fi on my Laptop, and I immediately  perform a speedtest, the Download statistic reaches 250Mbps, that's exactly what my router offers and what other devices are able to get, at the same place where my laptop is at.

When it performs the test for Upload, the wireless card starts to decrease its performance, showing 40Mbps as result. All following speedtests give as result 40/50Mbps for both DL/UL. Only the first time it's fine.
What I mean is that the card gives the maximum performance when it starts to work, but after 1 minute it stops working properly.

Before writing this message, I tried to find a solution.
1. I've literally tried to manually install any possible driver for this network card (64bit), outdated and the most updated ones, but I got the same disappointing results. I've also tried HP Support Assistant to automatically update its driver. Nothing.
2. I've tried to disable power saving, for the Laptop and for the network card (so the laptop was unable to apply power saving settings for it), but nothing.
3. I checked if other programs installed on my Laptop were using the Internet Connection. There wasn't any other program.
4. I tried to update the BIOS, because some users got similar issues with the same network card and updating the BIOS worked for them. Unfortunately this isn't my case.
5. I tried to disable Bluetooth, because some users got it working after this. Didn't work for me.
6. I've disabled auto config. I tried to disable it manually or using the command netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="name of your wireless network here" , but this didn't fix the issue.
7. I tried to change the radio channel width, from "Auto" to "20MHz Only". Same.

After following all these operations, my Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping so much, and as I said it's not an issue of my Internet Connection or router, seen that any other device here works as intended.

This really seems a common issue when using this network card. Some users got it properly working following one or more steps that I mentioned above, others continue to experience issues, included me, and this issue deserves to have more visibility!

Please! Can anyone support me? Anything else I can try? I don't know what else I might do to fix it.. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi.

You forgot to tell, which band you use? 5GHz or 2.4GHz? Which version of OS?

If your router have same name for both WiFi-points, try to change name for 5GHz network. So, now you may sure, that you use 5GHz band.

What type of router you're using? Did you tried to update a router firmware?

For speeds about 300Mbps you need to use 5GHz and 40MHz, better if it in ac-mode(sure, it must be supported on router-side also).

It is too difficult to receive that speed in 5GHz 20MHz wide - theoretically it is possible, if yo have NOONE another access points around. If you live in city, it is impossible.

Use inSSIDer application to see WiFi networks around. Manually set best free(or almost free) bands on yours router settings. Latest version costs money, but use link to Latest FREE version of inSSIDer app 

When you finish to manually setting bands and settings at your router, try older versions of drivers from here: https://www.realtek.cz/download-RTL8822BE-wireless-driver-for-Windows10-64bit.html They may be much stable than newest. For example, on my intel 7260ac adapter, newest versions works much badly, than old version I found and NEVER updated after that.

Sure, you know how to install drivers manually. If not, just Search over internet.

Also it wold be great to restore factory settings at your router side and configure it as new after firmware update.

And uninstall all versions of wifi card drivers from Windows Devices (press Win+R -> enter devmgmt.msc) using right click and using Option "delete drivers".

Try and post your results.

Regards,

IT-Velho

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi.

You forgot to tell, which band you use? 5GHz or 2.4GHz? Which version of OS?

If your router have same name for both WiFi-points, try to change name for 5GHz network. So, now you may sure, that you use 5GHz band.

What type of router you're using? Did you tried to update a router firmware?

For speeds about 300Mbps you need to use 5GHz and 40MHz, better if it in ac-mode(sure, it must be supported on router-side also).

It is too difficult to receive that speed in 5GHz 20MHz wide - theoretically it is possible, if yo have NOONE another access points around. If you live in city, it is impossible.

Use inSSIDer application to see WiFi networks around. Manually set best free(or almost free) bands on yours router settings. Latest version costs money, but use link to Latest FREE version of inSSIDer app 

When you finish to manually setting bands and settings at your router, try older versions of drivers from here: https://www.realtek.cz/download-RTL8822BE-wireless-driver-for-Windows10-64bit.html They may be much stable than newest. For example, on my intel 7260ac adapter, newest versions works much badly, than old version I found and NEVER updated after that.

Sure, you know how to install drivers manually. If not, just Search over internet.

Also it wold be great to restore factory settings at your router side and configure it as new after firmware update.

And uninstall all versions of wifi card drivers from Windows Devices (press Win+R -> enter devmgmt.msc) using right click and using Option "delete drivers".

Try and post your results.

Regards,

IT-Velho

HP Recommended

Hi,
Thanks for your help. Yes, my router had the same name for both Wi-Fi-points. I edited the setting in my router panel, so now I have two separated networks, one for 2.4GHz, the other for 5GHz.
The situation was better: I reached 120Mbps for DL and 50Mbps for UL, but my other devices got better results.
I tried to uninstall the driver and I've installed the one linked from you: the situation is almost perfect now. 190Mbps for DL and 130Mbps for UL. The Upload statistic is still a little lower than the result got from another device (185Mbps), but however I accept it.
Probably one of the reasons why the connection was so bad is because of the 2.4GHz. Being a single network, my laptop used the connection from 2.4GHz. Probably there would be something else that can improve my connection but at the moment I'm satisfied with that. Probably it might be better with different drivers. I will try!

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.