Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased this laptop and the wifi has not worked from the get go . I was sent some instructions from this forum and I thank the person that sent them . But they did not work in order to use this pc I had to purchase a usb to RJ45 adapter which works like I'm hardwired so it's good but the point was not to use it or have the wires on my desk

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@kevinAmills 

Please download and install

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107501-108000/sp107515.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thanks for that but it still does not work there has to be something I'm not seeing or hearing about that can fix this issues anyone who might have an idea please let me know thanks . 

Kevin

HP Recommended

@kevinAmills

Thank you for posting back. 

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Does your computer able to see your home network name?
  • What happens when you try to connect to your home network?
  • Any error message or code while connecting to a wireless network?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I replyied to your email but I'll put what I sent there here so here is what happens when I try and connect 

1. Yes the laptop can see my home network

2. When I connect to my home network it connects and says (connected , internet access 

3. The error message I get is that the page took too long to load 

again thanks for your help

Kevin

HP Recommended

@kevinAmills

Let's reset Internet Explorer settings

1. Close all open windows and programs.
  2. Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.
  3. Select the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
  5. In the box, Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?, select Reset.

Note: You need to close all the browser.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I replied to your email but I'll put it as well I did what you sent and it seem to work for a minute then it went down again . so in order for me to use this laptop I had to purchase a netgear wireless receiver. which is how I'm replying to your messages I also have a usb to rj45 adapter which works like it should all the time. 

thanks 

Kevin

HP Recommended

@kevinAmills

I appreciate your efforts to try and isolate the issue.
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.