Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard stop working after installed bluethooth & wifi driver

HP 15-r062tu notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have faced issue with notebook keyboard(HP-15r062tu notebook) after cleaning with Electronic Liquid cleaner. Afterward my keyboard stop working. After non usage for more than 7 days the keyboard working again when . I reinstalled window 7 OS. But, when going to installed Bluethooth & wifi adaper driver the keyboard stop working. Even a single key of keyboard non working. Afterward i again uninstalled Bluethooth & wifi adapter driver it works again well. Even when i disable the bluethooth form device manager keyboard working very well.

How to Fix this issue. Is that any software or hardware problem?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 823 1408
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sar86

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I understand from your post that you have an HP 15-r062tu laptop and the keyboard works when the Bluetooth and wireless drivers are uninstalled or disabled. I'd like to help you with this case. 

I recommend you to perform the below steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a solution: 

• Please uninstall the wifi and Bluetooth drivers from your laptop. 
  • Once you have uninstalled the wifi and Bluetooth drivers, please download and install the Win7 compatible drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2hJJjK8.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! :)

0 Kudos
Sar86 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Follow above mention step but, Issue still their.

I have used usb wireless keyboard after installing Bluetooth & Wifi adpater driver. Bluetooth & wifi working perfectly but, loss to used pre-assembled notebook keyboard.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 823 1408
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sar86

Thanks for replying. :) 

Please disable filter keys and then check:

1. In Windows, search for and open Settings.

2. In the Settings, click Ease of Access.

3. Under Ease of Access, click Keyboard.

4. Make sure the Filter Keys switch is set to Off.

Figure: Filter Keys setting

Filter Keys set to Off

Keep me posted. Good luck! :)

0 Kudos
Sar86 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still the same problem their.... One thing i also found that F11 key not working in keyboard.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 823 1408
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sar86

Thanks for replying with the results. I suggest you to download and install the HP Hotkeys software via this link: http://hp.care/2bMudSn.

Also, please ensure that the function keys are enabled in BIOS: http://hp.care/2eAsVG7

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. Good luck! :)

0 Kudos
Sar86 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still not getting resolved with all above mention steps.

A message showed That The Software is not Supported on this system when try to install the HP Hotkeys software. Link - http://hp.care/2bMudSn.

OS - Microsoft window  7 ultimate

Version -  6.1.7601 Service Pack  1  Build 7601

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 336
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Sar86,

Thanks for the response.

I understand that you have already reinstalled the Windows 7 operating system on your PC.

I need to know if you reinstalled it using an image that you created (NON-HP OEM) or using the HP recovery media?

Try the driver from the link below and check if that helps.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69575.exe

Usually, the keyboard uses generic drivers on any windows PC to which the drivers are integrated with the chipset drivers for the same.

The above link is for the Chipset driver which ideally should help you fix the issue.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Sar86 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have reinstalled Window 7 64 bit using an image that created (NON-HP OEM).

Given Driver also not solved my problem.

Please check Below Screenshot for Status of device manager.

1. Bluetooth Status showed on HP Wireless assistant is Disabled. After Turn off both Bluetooth & wifi keyboard start working well & when turn on a single one either Bluetooth or Wifi keyborad become useless that's stop working.

HP wireless assistant.png

2. On device manager The bluetooth driver is enabled

Device manager 01.png

Device manager 02.png

Device manager status.png

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 336
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Sar86,

Thanks for the response.

I am unable to see the images you have attached in the post. By the description, I feel the issue is with the drivers of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

I am still confused about the version of the operating system, you mentioned that the PC has Windows 7 and the screenshot you have attached is of Windows 10.

And the specifications in HP records state that the PC went with Linux Ubuntu. Please provide the correct operating system on the PC.

If the PC has windows 10 operating system, Try the links below for the Bluetooth driver. One of them should work.

Mediatek: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71572.exe

Broadcom: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-74000/sp73899.exe

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation