Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
vermarohitk Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

LTE module Not working in HP Spectre X2 12-a009nr

HP Spectre X2 12-a009nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Experts,

In my HP spectre X2 12-a009nr laptop, LTE service is not working in india as it seems to be equipped with lte4110/4112 driver modules. It came with verizon SIM inside it but after inserting local operator's 4G SIM, It doesn't recognize the local lte network may be it is mapped to vz lte.

I tried installing 4112 gobi driver but then cellular service itself is not recognized.

Any help will be of great appreciation.

Regards,

RV

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8121 482 912
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @vermarohitk,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your computer is not recognizing the SIM installed in India. I will be glad to help. 

To the best of my knowledge, the SIM slot on your computer is carrier locked and you would not be able to use SIM cards of any other carrier. 

However, I will do some research on this concern and let you know if there is any workaround available.  

Regards,

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2283
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vermarohitk

We haven't heard from you,

This Post is with reference to the thread you had recently created at your friendly neighborhood (HP Forums),

I would like to know if the suggestion provided by the previous tech helped,

I've done some research on Chimney_83's behalf and needed to confirm the frequency used by the Indian Sim you're trying to use as according to your user guide, the LTE sim slot only supports certain frequencies as listed below:

Integrated wireless wide area network (WWAN) and GPS options by way of wireless module (select models only)

Support for the following WWAN modules:

● HP lt4114 LTE 4G Module

● HP lt4110 LTE/HSPA+ 4G Module

Two WWAN antennas, support for ME936 and ME206

5-band antenna support: 2100/1800/1900/800/900 with additional GPS band

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply back to the Riddle_Decipher,

And Thank You for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Raibel Top Student
Top Student
4 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Riddle_Decipher,

Thanks for the post. I read it today and digged on the user guide link you posted.

Looking on the specs of my device (Spectre x2 12-a010nr) found that  the WWAN module I have is :

- HP lt4114 LTE 4G Module (Spare part 761233-005)

I don't live in India, but Germany, and the local card inserted is just showing the service provider name "o2-de" and it says: "No Service". Does it mean that the band the internet supplier uses isn't supported? I did a bit of research to find under which frecuencies does "o2-de" works and this is what I found:

4G LTE                  --> B20 (800 DD)

3G/HSPA+ UMTS--> B1 (2100)

2.5G GSM             --> 1800 (DCS)

If so, What should I do to make it work? should I change the spare part to the HP lt4110 LTE/HSPA+ 4G Module (756993-005) using local HP support for the installation?

I appreciate your advice.

Have a nice day!

Raibel

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation