Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Windows 10 geinstalleerd schone installatie en toets f12 blijft oranje branden en hebt geen wifi. Ook bij apparaatbeheer zie ik het ook niet staan, wel heb ik geprobeerd om de drivers ervan te installeren maar die doet ook niets want op een of andere manier wilt die het niet installeren. Hoop dat iemand een oplossing ervoor heeft.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Windows 10 installed clean installation and key f12 stays lit orange and does not have wifi. I also don't see it in device management, although I tried to install its drivers, but it doesn't do anything either because it doesn't want to be installed in some way. Hope someone has a solution.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

@andre50, Welcome to HP Support Community!

We advise you to post your question in English to ensure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Or, if you prefer, you can visit the HP Support website, to find the support channel for your region.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Windows 10 installed clean installation and key f12 stays lit orange and does not have wifi. I also don't see it in device management, although I tried to install its drivers, but it doesn't do anything either because it doesn't want to be installed in some way. Hope someone has a solution.

HP Recommended

@andre50

I'd suggest you connect an ethernet cable to the computer and try the steps below-

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

For further assistance, may I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc. 

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have an HP PAVILION G7-1370SD notebook of which the wifi is no longer switched off the f12 remains constantly orange, also wants to somehow recognize that the drivers of the wifi controller.
Have installed Windows 10 pro only the drivers of the wifi controller / card that does not install also downloaded all updates from windows updates and also downloaded all updates via HP support assistant. But it still doesn't recognize that wifi controller and that f12 light still doesn't go out. Everything else works even the ethernet port works. (so internet via cable but NOT via wifi).
I hope someone can help me with this.

HP Recommended

@andre50

Have you performed the Windows and HPSA updates?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

yes i have

HP Recommended

@andre50, thank you for the response. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Check in the device manager if the wifi card drivers are present:

• Open the device manager.
  • Expand "Network adapters" and let me know what is listed in network adapters.
  • If the drivers in network adapters do not have a yellow exclamation mark or a question mark then please perform the following steps that can help to fix the wifi issue:

First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: 
    Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection

A second option is to try these steps:
Powercycle the network:
1. Shut down your notebook.
2. Unplug the power to your router.
3. Unplug the power to your modem.
4. Wait at least 45 seconds.
5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.
6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.
7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, I have tried this even though it might not work other solution for it.
Hope you know what this problem is.
I also send some pictures so you can see that it does not install the drivers.F12 toets.jpgApparaatbeheer.jpg

You see this you do not want to install wifi drivers and the F12 key remains lit does not go out.

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, have any other solution to this problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.