cancel
Larry2020 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop Wifi stopped working

Wifi has completely stopped working. Cannot find any routers. All other devices in the house work fine. Laptop wifi started being intermittent a few weeks back, running diagnostics at the time seemed to fix it. Now completely broken. I have already tried the uninstall driver and reinstall but that hasn't changed anything. Please help
7 REPLIES 7
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,279 18,953 1,579 2,639
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Larry2020

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are no long connected to the WiFi network though you've reinstalled the drivers,
Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps to resolve the issue:

• Since you've already reinstalled drivers, I would recommend using an ethernet cable (Wired) and update your WiFi drivers using this link
  • Update the bios by visiting this link or through support assistant using an Ethernet cable.
  • Now try to connect to the internet wirelessly.  
  • For further assistance, click here

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Larry2020 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This did ot work

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Larry2020

Thank you for replying,

To clarify does this mean, you've attempted both system restore and a system recovery as well?

And if that's a YES, please run a hardware test using this link

Reply back with the results,

For further assistance,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Larry2020 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Done the tests and all have passed. Still no wifi
0 Kudos
Larry2020 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still not working?
0 Kudos
Larry2020 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any further help please?
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Larry2020

Thank you for replying to my post,

If all the h/w tests have passed,

You will need to make use of the recovery media you may have created shortly after your computer was purchased,

If you didn't create one, you could always order one online using the Official HP website: Click here (change the original OS and order recovery media),

If you can't find one online, please contact HP Phone support to order via phone:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation