Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop disconnecting from wifi

HP 15 r110dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I was having issues with the Wi-Fi connecting and disconnecting after about 20 minutes a few months ago, I discovered I had so update the driver. Now I'm having the same issue. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the drive, I've updated it, disabled it and nothing. Now it won't even show any networks. I really need this resolved, I have stuff due in a few days! Please and thank you
4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
97793 13302 20554
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a much newer W10 driver for the Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn Wi-Fi adapter than what is listed on your notebook's support page.

Did you try this one?

2023.48.1130.2016 Rev.A    Feb 9, 2017

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79095.exe

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue where a system connected to a wireless network automatically disconnects from the network.
0 Kudos
Apaulino Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't think so. I'll try and see if it works!
0 Kudos
Apaulino Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so i checked the verson of the driver i have and its the exact one you said so i have no idea whats wrong. i tried doing a system restore twice and it wasnt able to do it either times. the only way i can have internet is if i tether my phone as a hotspot

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
97793 13302 20554
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation