Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
07-08-2020 04:17 PM
Product: Envy 17-cg0511na
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Ever since I got this laptop I've been experiencing interference with wi-fi - the signal just drops out on all connected devices and it takes a few attempts to get things to reconnect (though the LAN connection is fine). At first I thought it was the router so got a new one but it kept happening, then I thought it was my neighbour's extender so changed the channel on the router but that didn't work, then I twigged that it only ever happens when this laptop is running. Does anyone know what can be causing this?
1 REPLY 1
07-11-2020 02:54 PM
@A-C_00 Here's a few things you need to do, to resolve this issue once and for all:
- Disable all firewalls and antivirus programs including windows ten's own firewalls and antivirus programs.
- try safe mode with networking to check if the Internet connection is fast there. Try both wired and wireless options.
- Link for safe mode with networking is given in my earlier post. Please try that.
- Uninstall the existing network adapters and update the bios chipset and network adapters (both wired and wireless) from this link : click here to find and install the same
- Please try to change the router's broadcasting channel to another value. try different working channels. that might help for WiFi only.
- Try performing a clean boot in windows 10 using this link: Click here for steps
- Try this link fixing network connections in windows 10: Click here
- Then create a new user profile and try to connect both through WiFi and using a wired connection.
- Then as a last ,resort try to perform a system recovery to factory setting and check if this helps after backing up all your files.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us,
have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community