15 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop keyboard is not functioning at all

HP pavilion g6 notebook 2000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi  

I am hoping that someone can help me my HP Pavilion g6 2000 is not functioning as it should  

1/ The keyboard is not working at all no letters or numbers nothing.  

2/It also has no track pad not working at all.  

3/I have no internet connection ( wireless )  

I have tried a factory reset nothing nothing still the same as it was before .  

I would really appreciate any help to get and have my notebook back to its normal working order.  

I will now await any help at all fingers crossed .

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop keyboard is not functioning at all

Hi@intransit, 🙂

Thank you for your inquiry, I will do my best to be of aid.

I grasp that the keyboard and TouchPad are not working and you have no wireless also.You have tried a factory reset but there was no change. If you connect an external keyboard does it work? After doing the factory reset, did you do all the Windows updates? Did you run the HP Support Assistant? Here are some links, I hope will help:

HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 7)

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Configuring the TouchPad (Windows 7 and Vista)

For the wireless issue please review this forum post by @Great-Deku Tree Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues. Please keep me apprised of your progress.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation