03-30-2020 06:22 AM
My laptop stopped connecting to the internet. It looks like a driver for the network controller has recently gone missing. The device status is giving me a message of Code 28. The following device name is PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_157C&SUBSYS_8330103C&REV_00\3&2411e6f
Can anyone help?
04-02-2020 10:31 AM
Welcome to HP Community
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Are you able to connect through the Ethernet?
i suggest you reinstall the Wireless driver directly from Device Manager
- Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Network Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Wireless driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Wireless driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
If you are able to go online with Ethernet, I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...
HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also ensure Windows is up to date.
Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Keep me posted how it goes
Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee