9 7 0 2
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop unable to connect to wifi

HP Pavillion 15-p077sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My laptop has recently had the issue of not being able to connect to a wireless point.

The issue;

When I boot my laptop everything works fine for about a minute, then my laptop tells me that the current access point is connected but has no internet, after about another minute it doesn't detect any wireless points and the whole system crashes.

What I've tried:

• Waiting for my laptop to respond - It only responded once which I rebooted and the problem still persists.
  • Refreshing my laptop - The problem still persists.
  • Tethering my phone to my laptop - this works fine and I'm able to get consistent connections, my laptop also doesn't drop out from the access points
  • Ran a wireless troubleshoot - Which helped somewhat; (error code at the foot of this post)
  • Updating my drivers - Problem still persits

What do you advise me to do?

Error message from network diagnostics

The Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problemsThe Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems Not fixed Not Fixed 
The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Failed 

A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be brokenA network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed 
Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer Failed 

Issues found Detection details 

6 The Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems Not fixed Not Fixed 

The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Failed 

Contact your administrator to resolve driver or hardware issues. 
InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log 
File Name:  46B28CDD-E7CB-481F-8D13-A57494677503.Repair.1.etl 

6 A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed 
15 REPLIES 15
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@moshk,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Wi-Fi connectivity issues on the PC. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I recommend you try the steps below and check if that fixes the issue.

http://hp.care/2dO0fu4

Also, try performing the diagnostics for the wireless card and check if that finds any hardware issue. Use the link below to perform the diagnostics.

http://hp.care/2eiMy8z

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
moshk Tutor
Tutor
9 7 0 2
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for replying, I have conducted both test as recomended and the test indicated that everything was okay. I am still getting the issue.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@moshk,

I thank you for the reply.

I recommend you try installing the driver for the Wi-Fi  adapter using the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71994.exe

Hope it helps.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
moshk Tutor
Tutor
9 7 0 2
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again,

I've just tried your proposed solution and unfortunately it didn't work

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@moshk,

I recommend you try to update the BIOS and check if that Resolv_S the issue.

Use the link below to download the BIOS for your PC.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77046.exe

Hope it helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
moshk Tutor
Tutor
9 7 0 2
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I've ran and updated the BIOS as recommended and I still am getting the issue. I should also mention that the problem is intermittent.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@moshk,

I request you try the tried solution form our forum and check if that helps.

http://hp.care/2bDWLKj

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
moshk Tutor
Tutor
9 7 0 2
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again,

I have followed your solution as requested and I'm still experiencing the same issue, however I have no issue connecting to the internet when tethered (through ethernet or otherwise). I have not used my laptop elsewere long enough for me to experience the technical issue

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@moshk,

You can try connecting your PC to a different wireless network and check if the issue comes back again.

Also, check with other devices for the same wireless network to check if other devices experience the same.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation