Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (237 Views)

Laptop wont connect to wifi. Wifi key light is always orange.

Product Name: Pavilion g6
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion g6. This laptop used to run fine with no issues. Now no matter what I do I cannot get the computer to connect to any wireless networks. I can still connect via direct LAN eithernet cable. There is only a LAN Network symbol where the Wifi symbol used to be. The wireless key's light remains solid orange and does not change. No message appears when it is pressed. The divice manager only lists the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and does not list any Ralink driver as it should. I have tried everything. Reseting does nothing.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 5 (216 Views)

Re: Laptop wont connect to wifi. Wifi key light is always orange.

Check if you have Wireless adapter under network adapters in Device Manager.

Thanks & Regards,
Emmanual Nebu

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (211 Views)

I do not.

Intern
Message 4 of 5 (204 Views)

Click on the below link and try the below fix. This is something which I wrote on Microsoft Community. This should fix the issue.

Internet Fix

Thanks & Regards,
Emmanual Nebu

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
Provost
Message 5 of 5 (200 Views)

Hi:

Since you are running W7, and everything was working until the wlan adapter suddenly disappeared, you can pretty much bet the wireless card died on you, and will need to be replaced.

You can try the following steps before replacing the wlan card (and you can only replace it with the same part number or an equivalent card listed in the specific service manual for your notebook).

1.  Install the HP Connection Manager software from your notebook's support page, and see if you can use that software to turn on the wlan card.

2. Remove and firmly reseat the wlan card.  Consult chapter 4 of the service manual for your model notebook for how to remove and replace the wireless card. 

If you can, leave the delicate antenna connectors attached when doing this, so as not to have to be bothered with reattaching them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation