Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-u337cl
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am constantly losing wireless connection between my router and HP Envy x 360 laptop. The product number is M5R11UA#ABA. Ive updated the drivers, rebooted the router etc. and nothing is working.I even did a factory reset this morning and I'm still getting a limited connection message. Note that all other laptops (3), Kindles, smartphones are having no issues in connecting to the internet.  In reading other threads there appears to be a known problem with the installed Intel Dual Band 3160 adapter. This computer is for my son in college and I really dont want to have to buy another one as its less than 2 years old.

Can anyone recommend other network adapters that are compatible with this laptop? I am having a hard time finding replacements online. I appreciate any replies.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try one of these...

If you have or plan to get an AC router...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

Dual band wireless N...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260AN 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 WiFi + BT4.0    HP Part # 717381-001

Both cards are readily available on eBay or Amazon, and don't cost very much at all.

Query by the HP part number, not by the model number of the wireless card.

I don't have any issues with my Intel 7260 dual band N card, and the latest build of W10 (or any of the previous builds).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try one of these...

If you have or plan to get an AC router...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

Dual band wireless N...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260AN 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 WiFi + BT4.0    HP Part # 717381-001

Both cards are readily available on eBay or Amazon, and don't cost very much at all.

Query by the HP part number, not by the model number of the wireless card.

I don't have any issues with my Intel 7260 dual band N card, and the latest build of W10 (or any of the previous builds).

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for information above! Very helpful

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.