Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6 product id A3E82AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am hoping to upgrade my wireless adapter from the intel centrino wireless-n 2230 (the one my computer came with) to one that is a dual band so I can use the 5ghz router speeds.   I wanted to see if my computer could handle that and if so which one I can purchase.  

My computer is a Pavilion dv6 running Windows 10 Pro 64bit / product id:  A3E82AV 

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product number you posted indicates that your notebook is a dv6-7000 notebook PC.

You should be able to upgrade to this dual band wifi card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find this model card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

There are instances where the Bluetooth may not work on that model and W10, so if there is no Bluetooth device manager category after installing the card, folks indicate that masking pin 51 will get the bluetooth to work.

How To Fix Intel AC-7260 Bluetooth Issue - YouTube

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.