Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion 15 with an intel i5 processor.  I'm looking to upgrade the wireless adapter and want to know if this would work:

INTEL Network 8260.NGWMG Wireless-AC 8260 Dual Band 2x2 AC + Bluetooth vPro

I saw in a previous thread that the intel dual band wireless AC 7260 2x2 could work, but I'm having difficulty locating one. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Leo2020

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the  performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for responding.  The product number is as follows:  E0M66UA#ABL

HP Recommended

@Leo2020

Thank you for posting back. 

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN Bluetooth drive installed on the PC. And, your computer support Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter and Mediatek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.