pkolas
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Lost internet connection after sleeping

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-dr0000 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have noticed that whenever my laptop goes to sleep, it loses the internet connection (not wifi connection). The wifi shows connected but without internet. When this happens, I have to manually disconnect and reconnect to the wifi to get internet back.

On searching for this issue, all posts point to to Device Manager >> Properties of the wireless driver >> power management tab. However, I do not see this tab in the driver properties hence I am a bit stumped.

Anyone else encountered similar issue? I have a Dell laptop from work as well which does not have this issue. I have tried to match the power settings on both laptops but still it does the same thing.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation