Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
250 G3
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 long back in 2015, and ignored the BT feature until this year. I found out that it was missing, so I got a driver setup from the HP Download Center (I have the Ralink version of the 250 G3). I don't know why, but it causes a lot of issues. The setup will install normally, but settings for BT will not show up in the system settings. I reinstall, and sometimes the setup works and so does the Bluetooth feature, but after a couple or so shutdowns and restarts, the Bluetooth stops discovering my JBL earphones, and then this reinstall cycle continues. Whenever I check Device Manager, I can see Realtek PCIE Bluetooth Adapter after enabling the show hidden devices feature. I'm tired of this problem, and Microsoft support hasn't even responded since 16th August. Please provide some advice on this matter. (Whenever the BT works, the Mediatek Bluetooth Adapter shows up separately in the Device Manager though). Any help will be appreciated.

Untitled.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I could really appreciate some help over here!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.