Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft hosted virtual adapter missing in device manager

HP Pavillion-15 ac124tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My system does not support hotspot. Command prompt always displays the message " Hosted network not supported by the group".  Also, Microsoft hosted virtual adapter driver is missing in the device manager and I can not find it on the official HP site for downloading. Kindly look into the matter and reply asap.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 434
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft hosted virtual adapter missing in device manager

Hi @Ugiwara,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with an error "host network not supported". I will be glad to help you.

Please look at these Microsoft post.

Using Wireless Hosted Network and Internet Connection Sharing

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Please review the following document, as it may help to resolve the issue for you:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

You can also try using the Windows Update, to check for drivers that will work with Windows 10.  You can check this site as well: HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

If you are having trouble installing the drivers, you can use the tool at the following site: 

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

It is possible that drivers may not be available for your product.  If that is the case, or the drivers you found are not working, try using the solutions on this site as a workaround, and let me know how it goes: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation