Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to use my iPhone 6S Plus as a mobile hotspot. I was on the phone with Verizon for 1.5 hours and couldn’t be helped. 

I was able to use my phone as a mobile hotspot when I brought the laptop home (new in June). I was able to connect twice today (my wasband helped me after Verizon couldn’t). Now I can’t. 

I reset the network settings on both my phone and my laptop. I shouldn’t have to do this every time I was to access the internet, should I? 

Thanks for whatever help you can give me! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Shu19

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you unable to use the WiFi using the phone hotspot? If yes, are you able to detect and connect to a different network?

Also, try the steps below:

* Right-click on START --> Run
* type in "services.msc" --> OK
* get to the Standard tab at the bottom of the window
* scroll and search for WLAN AutoConfig --> Right-click --> STOP
* Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is a new laptop for me - the pavilion x360. I don’t know how to right click on a touch pad. 

HP Recommended

Just press the right side of the touch pad, that would be your right click. Please perform the steps given.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.