Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Iphone X and the mobile hotspot works on my other HP laptop, but not my Envy. I have searched these files and tried just about everything suggested, but non worked. I have tried (see my comments in parenthesis): 

Please try few steps mentioned below.

1. Go to control panel.

2. Go to network and the internet.

3. Go to network connections.

4. In related settings, go to "Change adapter options"

5. Right click on "wireless network connection" and go to properties.

6. Click "Configure and then Advance

7. In properties, "802.11n Preamble", selected, select value "mixed mode" And click ok and click done (This was not an option in my attempt. There were 802.11 in the properties, but not this particular one) 

If the above-mentioned steps do not work try the steps below.

1-go to settings.

2-click wifi and the internet.

3-click manage wifi settings

4-click the network or the hotspot you used to connect to the internet using windows 7 or 8. (I have windows 10)

5-click forget to remove it from the wifi list.

6-click to scan wifi.

7-select the same hotspot.

8-enter hotspot security key (still no able to connect) 

I have also changed the name and password of my iphone hotspot in my phone. Still not connecting. 

Any HELP?? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@visionary73 

No, you do not need many fancy steps like those, very simple

(a) Turn on hot spot on your phone, it will show you its SSID and password

(b) Go to your computer and click wifi icon. It will list a bunch of SSID's including your phone SSID,

(c) Select phone's SSID then click Connect and enter password from phone

Note: You can click Auto connect, this will work next time .

Voilà

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but that didn't work either. I have changed the name of the SSID and even the password and reset the phone. The laptop still say "unable to connect". I have another HP laptop and it connects fine. Could it be the Envy model itself?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.