Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My envy 7640 will not print from the computer even though the printer says it is connected wirelessly to the computer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kteachretired

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance.

I see that you are getting wireless printing issue, I will be delighted to assist you here.

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any changes to the printer or computer?
  • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Download and run Print and Scan Doctor application to fix this issue,

Download link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Steps: 

1. Run PSDR v5.0.2 

2. Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

3. Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

4. PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

5. Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

6. Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

7. PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

8. Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR. 

If this helps, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos for my efforts to help.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

Keep me posted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kteachretired

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance.

I see that you are getting wireless printing issue, I will be delighted to assist you here.

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any changes to the printer or computer?
  • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Download and run Print and Scan Doctor application to fix this issue,

Download link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Steps: 

1. Run PSDR v5.0.2 

2. Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

3. Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

4. PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

5. Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

6. Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

7. PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

8. Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR. 

If this helps, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos for my efforts to help.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

Keep me posted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you!!!

I tried the Power reset first and now I can print from my computer.

HP Recommended

@kteachretired

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.