Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC is not showing the names of any wireless networks or wireless hotspots. I have even tried to reinstall the network drivers and even did a Hardware test but the problem persists. Please reply as soon as possible as it is very urgent

15994835293508279255781067436104.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@CiberJaguar Did you run a hardware test on the WiFi card as suggested by the other tech? if not, here's what I suggest we do:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

I did both  the hardware tests simple and extensive one on my notebook as suggested by the other tech supporter that day only and just after the tests when I restarted my notebook to my surprise it was working perfectly fine but now on the day when I posted this Question the problem started again. So I did the tests again, it passed every test this time as well but my problem persisted this time.

HP Recommended

I downloaded the software from the link provided by the other tech supporter and ran the test from the software itself but not by the way you suggested.

So should I do it once using the steps as you said.

HP Recommended

@CiberJaguar Yes, please do, because the tests run outside the windows environment get the best and most accurate results,

Let me know how it pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK I did all the tests

• Start-Up
  • Run-in
  • Hardware tests

And the result was as follows

Screenshot_20200911-064332_Gallery.jpg👆 This one is for Start-Up Test 

👇This one is for Run-in test

20200911_064359.jpg

HP Recommended

@CiberJaguar

Thank you for the information.

I checked the screenshots you have shared and it looks like the wireless card is not getting detected. 

I recommend you contact support and check the available service options for your computer as it looks like a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok thanks.. I will look into it and will tell you the results

HP Recommended

@CiberJaguar Good luck! 

And if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to write to us anytime!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.