Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have been dealing with this for a while now, and it just happened out of no where. I turned on my computer one morning and it wouldnt allow me to connect to my wifi. I have tried EVERYTHING. My computer does allow me to connect an ethernet cord to it and the router and use the internet that way. I know it's not the router because I use the internet on my iPhone and tablet. When I attempt to connect to internet it has a red X where the wireless icon used to be, now the icon looks like a computer screen instead the the little bars. When I tap my wireless button on my key pad a message comes up and notifies me that i just turned my wireless connection off, but no matter if it's off or on that little button always has the orange light on. I can't figure out whats going on and I would appreciate it so much if you could help me!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi katherinehill12,

It does seem like there is something wrong with that Ralink adapter because of the question mark. Try installing the Ralink WiFi Adapter and let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Hi katherinehill12,

I will be happy to help with your wireless problem. The icon became a little computer because you are now using Ethernet. We can try reinstalling the wireless driver but I will need some additional information to get you the correct one. What is your operating system? What is the exact product number for your Pavilion g6? There are several models in that series. Also, in your Device Manager what do you have listed under Network Adapters?

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Im experiencing the same problem :(( Could you help me out aswell pleasE?

HP Recommended
My Operation system is Windows 8, my product number is C6S45EA#ABU and under network adapters i have listed 1.Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter.
2.Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter.
3.Realtek PCle FF Family Controller.

waiting to hear from you
HP Recommended

Hi Nesli,

I saw your post and I will be happy to help you as well. Do you have other devices that can connect to your network? If not what about connecting to the notebook to another network either a neighbour's or a local coffee shop? If you can't then we can eliminate your network as the problem. With the information you provided I found your network driver try installing it and let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
The product number is b4u19ua#aba
And the operating system is windows 7.
Under network adapters I have two things.
1.ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter and there is a little yellow caution sign on the bottom right corner of the icon.
2.realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
HP Recommended

Hi katherinehill12,

It does seem like there is something wrong with that Ralink adapter because of the question mark. Try installing the Ralink WiFi Adapter and let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! It worked, I am so so so thankful!!! Also, my mouse pad quit working some time ago, I bought a wireless mouse so that solved that problem. Do you know of any way I can fix my pad to where I don't need the mouse?

HP Recommended

Hi katherinehill12,

Glad to hear that driver fixed your wireless issue. Let's see if we can go 2 for 2, you will find the driver for your TouchPad here. In the upper left corner of the TouchPad do you see a light? If it is lit then that means the TouchPad is disabled. Double tap the upper left hand corner and that will enable it.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I downloaded the thing you provided and restarted my computer and still no luck, there is no light anymore when I double tap the corner, I know what you are refering to though becuase it used to work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.