Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP15 Notebook PC

I want to use Miracast to project movies from my PC to my TV!   I find out my PC supports Miracast, but it also says Miracast is available with HDCP. What does all of this mean?   Since I have an older Sony flat screen with HDMI ports, I purchased an AnyCast Dongle to make my TV MIracast ready, but it won't connect to my PC because of the Miracast issues mentioned above.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Baldwin88 

HDCP means High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. It will stop you to transmit protected medias  and I know Sony is one of a company which treats HDCP seriously because Sony also owns musics, videos, films ... companies.

I don't own AnyCast Dongle but have few Chromecast dongles and they work perfectly thru my home network.

Just ready AnyCast Dongle specs. You can also use your network to connect. Please try that laptop and TV.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhein:

Thanks for your answer.  The complete name for this is WIFI HDMI Anycast MIracast Airplay TV Wireless Display DLNL Dongle Adapter USA   I did follow your instructions  and its seems to be the same instructions  I have been following since last Friday when I received the Dongle.  It shows up as drong-63c0 when I press connect.  I tap on it wait a15 sec and it says couldn't connect.  I went online with my problem and was told to check and see if my PC supported Miracast and that's when I found out it supports miracast, but it also said  Miracast available with HDCP.

I had upgraded my PC to windows 10 from windows 8.1 about 2 years ago.  I wonder if the upgrade made a difference?  sorry for rambling on lol.  I guess maybe I should try another  brand of dongle??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.