Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I would like to know why my PC doesn't have bluetooth even though it is advertised with one (Combo Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2 x 2) WiFi avec Bluetooth 4.2 (vPro)), I tried to install new drivers with HP Support Assistant, go to the BIOS (there was no option) and on windows, there is no bluetooth detected. Also I searched on the forum a little and I saw a few people also had this problem. I suspect maybe that either my Module broke but since it is a combo it is unlikely (because then my WiFi would not work), or it is a hardware problem. 

Anything helps!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Go into the BIOS and it should show the presence of the bluetooth adapter and that it is enabled.

Did you ever have W7 installed on your notebook and upgrade it to W10?

Also see this discussion...you may have one of the 840 G3 models where for some reason, the Bluetooth will not work under any circumstance.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Elitebook-840-G3-Bluetooth-not-det...

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for replying. I got the laptop from someone who bought it before and I don't know if it was on Windows 7, and I checked in the BIOS but there is no option for bluetooth. Could you give me the path that you found the bluetooth ? Thanks (Oh and i'm on Win 10) Also I just checked the post but i've tried that before (I searched my problem before) I think maybe HP did a mistake in the manufacturation of the device

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If there is no bluetooth device listed in the BIOS then you must have the same issue as the other person does on the discussion I linked you to, and unfortunately, I have no idea what you can do to get bluetooth to work on there.

The person even changed the wifi card and still no bluetooth, so something is wrong that I have no idea how to fix.

HP Recommended

ok, thanks! I'm going to buy an external bluetooth adapter 😅

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.